General insurance coverage includes:
Secure your driving asset in case of accident, theft, fire and similar eventualities.
Protect one of your biggest financial investments in case destructive crisis strikes.
Covers businesses against purely financial losses (fraud, legal expenses or business interruptions) rather than physical damage to property
Helps you pay for a medical and out-of-pocket costs that you may incur after an accidental injury. This includes emergency treatment, hospitals stays, medical exams and other expenses you may face.
General Insurance FAQs
it's all about...You
Several things can be insured for protection against sudden financial loss. The most common ones are property insurance, motor vehicle insurance, travel insurance, professional indemnity insurance, contractors all risk and public liability.
You can start your insurance purchase process by providing your basic contact details on our information form [click here for the form] and one of our representatives will contact you, so you can be advised about your specific insurance needs. You may also call our nearest office.
- Get the vehicle information for the third party from their registration, fitness and insurance documents; along with the driver’s licence details and contact number.
- Report the accident at the police station responsible for the jurisdiction of the accident A.S.A.P.
- Report any claims request to your insurance company or agency – in less than 30 days from the date of the accident.
Anyone authorized by you with a valid driver’s licence and is above the age stipulated in the policy. You also have the option of identifying and naming selected drivers. Customers choose this option to benefit from lower premium costs.
This is where a client with motor vehicle insurance for a set number of years, has no history of making a claim to cover losses from an accident or vehicle damage. It brings down the premium charged with discounts of up to 60%.
Chancellor’s general insurance partners are:- The Insurance Company of the West Indies (ICWI), British Caribbean Insurance Company (BCIC), Key Insurance and Advantage General Insurance.
Yes you can. For example customers upgrade from Third Party Insurance to comprehensive coverage for greater protection. In such a case a vehicle valuation is necessary.
You have 3 payment options:
- Full payment for the entire year paid up front
- 50% deposit with the balance due within 30 days
- Pay a deposit with a premium financing arrangement – with 3 to 9 months to repay the balance plus interest.
Through an agency like Chancellor, you have various policy options from more than one insurance company.
- You can be guided by representatives with greater industry expertise who know the features and benefits offered from different insurance companies.
- Convenience of comparing policy options from one location instead of visiting various insurance companies to shop around.
- In the event of sudden damage or loss they facilitate an easier claims process with the expert support of representatives to walk you through.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage also protects you against financial loss or damage to your vehicle as a result of collision, fire, theft, Acts of God, among other causes specifically covered in your policy. In the event of injury suffered by a third party (including your passengers) or damage to a third party’s vehicle (and their passengers) resulting from an accident caused by you. Third Party - Provides coverage for injury to or death of third parties, or damage to their property, as a result of an accident. It is less costly, however it does not cover the insured or his/her vehicle – it covers the other person, their vehicle and their passengers involved in the accident/damage incident.
A cover note is a temporary official document that is issued at the beginning of their motor vehicle policy to give the insurer enough time to complete important aspects of their insurance purchase such as acquiring motor vehicle registration and making balance payments. A cover note can be for a duration no longer than 30 days. The insurance certificate is issued after all documentation and required payments are submitted.
The predetermined amount or percentage that the client is initially responsible for paying in the event of claims situation.
Yes, you may suspend your insurance for a period of time. This is usually when the vehicle is not in use. Some customers opt for this when they travel overseas for an extended period.
You are in Good Company
You keep building the life you want. We'll protect it.
I would advise anybody who think they could need benefit for a critical illness in the future to get an insurance policy through Chancellor Insurance Agency. I tried it and it carried me a far way in the treatment process when I was diagnosed with cancer. It is of great use to me!